These cookies were one of my grandma’s favorites to make and have now become a staple for my family during the winter season. They’re easy, colorful, and incredibly delicious!
- 1 Bakers German Sweet Chocolate Bar
- 1 package of Social Teas Cookies
- 1/2 cup of shortening or unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 egg yolks
- Melt chocolate over the stove with 2 tablespoons of water, stirring constantly
- Beat egg yolk and sugar together
- Mix yolk + sugar + chocolate in pan over fire and add in the butter
- Let the mixture come to a boil. Remove from heat and add vanilla
- Line 8″ square pan with Saran Wrap or aluminum foil
- Put 1 layer of cookies, 1/3 of chocolate, 2nd layer of cookies, 1/3 of chocolate, 3rd layer of cookies, and the rest of the chocolate
- Add nonpareils and refrigerate
- Cut into diamonds. Store in fridge until ready to serve.