One of my favorite breakfast treats is banana bread like my mom used to make me as a kid. I have found a fantastic and easy recipe that is my go to whenever I want to treat myself.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe potato
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Optional: mini chocolate chips
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites, sugar, and banana.
- Add oil to liquid mixture and mix well.
- Add both mixtures together. (Sprinkle in chocolate chips here)
- Pour into a sprayed 8x4x2″ bread pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60.
A lot of people prefer to add crushed nuts rather than mini chocolate chips but that’s totally up to you!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!